Friday 8 November 2013

Work Experience Week.

This is Sam Bourke writing his last blog post while on work experience here at Capital Fencing. I am not ashamed to say that I have had an excellent week working here at Capital Fencing.

The jobs I was given were straightforward and easily completed. I thoroughly enjoyed writing the daily blog posts as they gave me a chance to express my feeling while at the same time helping the publicity of the company. Each day brought new topics and new things to write about. That was probably one of the highlights of my week.

The spreadsheet I was asked to complete was a lengthy challenge yet I overcame it after I kept sticking at it. I am a very logical person so it wasn’t extremely difficult to complete the spreadsheet. This was one of the biggest challenges I undertook over the course of the week and I felt very satisfied when I had completed it.

Another of my jobs during the week was to become familiar with the Ad Words system which I did. Unfortunately, I did not pass the exam after my third attempt. I did, however, become familiar enough to be able to find my way around the interface of Ad Words. After I became familiar, I was asked to analyse low performing keywords and come up with ways to improve the overall performance of the campaigns on Ad Words. The ideas I came up with were to delete the lowest performing keywords and come up with new, more relevant keywords.

I thoroughly enjoyed working here at Capital Fencing and have met some lovely people who were so welcoming and kind to me during the course of my week here. I would love to come back for some more work experience some time in the near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment